| || || |
:: Health Conditions
- Phobia / Panic Disorder / Anxiety Disorder
is the brand name of the drug Venlafaxine.
Venlafaxine is an antidepressant medication. It affects chemicals
in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause depression
Venlafaxine is used to relieve symptoms of depression, generalized
anxiety disorder, and social anxiety disorder (social phobia).
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take only the next one as directed. Do not take a double dose of this medication.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention if an overdose is suspected.
Symptoms of a venlafaxine overdose may include dizziness, drowsiness, numbness, nausea, irregular heartbeats, seizures, and unconsciousness.
Possible side effects of Effexor?
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking venlafaxine and contact your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical treatment:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- seizures; or
- an irregular heartbeat or severely high blood pressure (blurred vision, headache).
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take venlafaxine and talk to your doctor if you experience
- nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, abdominal pain, or loss of appetite or weight;
- dry mouth;
- drowsiness or dizziness;
- mild tremor, anxiety, or agitation;
- abnormal dreams;
- sexual problems such as impotence, abnormal ejaculation, difficulty reaching orgasm, or decreased libido;
- yawning; or
- increase in blood cholesterol levels (detected by blood tests);
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur.
Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual
or that is especially bothersome.
Phobias and fears are common - over 10% of people experience
a simple phobia at some time. From elevators, spiders and
birds, to heights, dentists and open spaces, there is nothing
we can't develop anxiety or phobias about. Happily, hypnosis
provides an extremely effective cure for these problems as
it provides the opposite of anxiety - deep relaxation - while
teaching the mind a different way of responding to the feared
object or situation...
Hypnosis is a powerful, effective and
100% natural part of you... Solve
your fears & phobias